We are looking for an all round user-experience/user interface (UX/UI) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The designer will be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. Last, but certainly not least, the designer makes compelling and aesthetically pleasing interfaces that strongly connects with all our users.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate our product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping designing and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Translate tested prototypes into a simple and elegant visual design.
- Communicate with the development team to make sure your work is developed pixel perfect and as designed.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and push new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX/UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX/UI and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
What we can offer
At Try Catch, you will be joining a young and rapidly expanding environment at the heart of Amsterdam’s tech community.
We believe in responsibility, autonomy, incremental growth and doing things well.
Apart from a competitive salary and other benefits, you will be fully stimulated to expand your knowledge and provided
with plenty of opportunities to grow. You will have the freedom to work how and where you want and take charge of projects
Starting date: April, 2018